There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Submissions for Constellations v.10 will run from March 15 through September 10 2020.
- Please include a simple cover letter that includes a postal mailing address (and phone number for shipping purposes only), so that we know where to send your contributor’s copy should your work be accepted. Tell us a little about yourself, and mention what connection (if any) you have to the Cambridge or Boston area. We have a special interest in Cambridge/Boston writers, but all writers are welcome and encouraged to submit.
- Your cover letter should also include a short bio—no more than 125 words, and please don’t list more than three journals and three books as previous work. Choose the publications that tell people the most about you. The bio should be third-person and list your name exactly as you’d like it to appear in print.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but let us know in your cover letter, and inform us at once if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We do not accept work previously published in print or on the Internet. (That includes personal blogs, but does NOT include work you’ve posted to password-protected sites for sharing with a group of friends or fellow writers. Improving your work-in-progress by soliciting feedback from a select group of readers is always a good thing, but if your work is publicly available to anyone with a browser, we consider it “published.”)
- Payment at this time is one copy of the issue of Constellations in which your work appears.
- Response time: as soon as we can. Please do not submit again until you've heard from us about your last submission, and limit submissions to two in any single reading period.
- Theme: in addition to general unthemed content, Volume 10 will include a selection of material related to SYNTHESIS. If you have material that you feel is especially well-suited to this topic, please send it in! Wildly varying interpretations are welcome.
- In general, we won’t publish material that’s derogatory, nasty, or poorly-written.